Photo 1 of 5Next
Comfort And Sympathy Quotes (delightful Comfort Words For Death Great Pictures #1)
This post of Comfort Words For Death was uploaded on December 29, 2017 at 9:35 pm. This article is published at the Comforter category. Comfort Words For Death is labelled with Comfort Words For Death, Comfort, Words, For, Death..
(kum′fərt),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to soothe, console, or reassure;
bring cheer to: They tried to comfort her after her loss.
- to make physically comfortable.
- [Obs.]to aid;
support or encourage.
- relief in affliction;
solace: Her presence was a comfort to him.
- a feeling of relief or consolation: Her forgiveness afforded him great comfort.
- a person or thing that gives consolation: She was a great comfort to him.
- a cause or matter of relief or satisfaction: The patient's recovery was a comfort to the doctor.
- a state of ease and satisfaction of bodily wants, with freedom from pain and anxiety: He is a man who enjoys his comfort.
- something that promotes such a state: His wealth allows him to enjoy a high degree of comfort.
- [Chiefly Midland and Southern U.S.]a comforter or quilt.
- [Obs.]strengthening aid;
(wûrd),USA pronunciation n.
- a unit of language, consisting of one or more spoken sounds or their written representation, that functions as a principal carrier of meaning. Words are composed of one or more morphemes and are either the smallest units susceptible of independent use or consist of two or three such units combined under certain linking conditions, as with the loss of primary accent that distinguishes black′bird′ from black′ bird′. Words are usually separated by spaces in writing, and are distinguished phonologically, as by accent, in many languages.
- speech or talk: to express one's emotion in words; Words mean little when action is called for.
- the text or lyrics of a song as distinguished from the music.
- contentious or angry speech;
a quarrel: We had words and she walked out on me.
- a short talk or conversation: Marston, I'd like a word with you.
- an expression or utterance: a word of warning.
- warrant, assurance, or promise: I give you my word I'll be there.
information: We received word of his death.
- a verbal signal, as a password, watchword, or countersign.
- an authoritative utterance, or command: His word was law.
- Also called machine word. a string of bits, characters, or bytes treated as a single entity by a computer, particularly for numeric purposes.
- (cap.) Also called the Word, the Word of God.
- the Scriptures;
- the Logos.
- the message of the gospel of Christ.
- a proverb or motto.
- at a word, in immediate response to an order or request;
in an instant: At a word they came to take the situation in hand.
- be as good as one's word, to hold to one's promises.
- eat one's words, to retract one's statement, esp. with humility: They predicted his failure, but he made them eat their words.
- have a word, to talk briefly: Tell your aunt that I would like to have a word with her.
- have no words for, to be unable to describe: She had no words for the sights she had witnessed.
- in a word, in summary;
in short: In a word, there was no comparison.Also, in one word.
- in so many words, in unequivocal terms;
explicitly: She told them in so many words to get out.
- keep one's word, to fulfill one's promise: I said I'd meet the deadline, and I kept my word.
- man of his word or woman of her word, a person who can be trusted to keep a promise;
a reliable person.
- of few words, laconic;
taciturn: a woman of few words but of profound thoughts.
- of many words, talkative;
wordy: a person of many words but of little wit.
- put in a good word for, to speak favorably of;
commend: He put in a good word for her with the boss.Also, put in a word for.
- take one at one's word, to take a statement to be literal and true.
- take the words out of one's mouth, to say exactly what another person was about to say.
- weigh one's words, to choose one's words carefully in speaking or writing: It was an important message, and he was weighing his words.
- to express in words;
select words to express;
phrase: to word a contract with great care.
- my word! or upon my word! (used as an exclamation of surprise or astonishment.)
(fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
(deth),USA pronunciation n.
- the act of dying;
the end of life;
the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism. Cf. brain death.
- an instance of this: a death in the family; letters published after his death.
- the state of being dead: to lie still in death.
destruction: It will mean the death of our hopes.
- manner of dying: a hero's death.
- (usually cap.) the agent of death personified, usually represented as a man or a skeleton carrying a scythe. Cf. Grim Reaper.
- Also called spiritual death. loss or absence of spiritual life.
- [Christian Science.]the false belief that life comes to an end.
- bloodshed or murder: Hitler was responsible for the death of millions.
- a cause or occasion of death: You'll be the death of me yet!
plague. Cf. Black Death.
- at death's door, in serious danger of death;
gravely ill: Two survivors of the crash are still at death's door.
- be death on, [Informal.]
- to be excessively strict about: That publisher is death on sloppily typed manuscripts.
- to be snobbish about or toward.
- to be able to cope with easily and successfully: The third baseman is death on pop flies.
- do to death:
- to kill, esp. to murder.
- to repeat too often, to the point of becoming monotonous and boring: That theme has been done to death.
- in at the death:
- [Fox Hunting.]present at the kill.
- present at the climax or conclusion of a situation.
- put to death, to kill;
- to death, to an extreme degree;
thoroughly: sick to death of the heat.
Comfort Words For Death have 5 pictures it's including Comfort And Sympathy Quotes, Comfort Words For Death Gallery #2 Inspirational Quotes After The Loss Of A Mother: Inspirational Quotes Images, 20140410-194652.jpg, Comfort Words For Death Pictures Gallery #4 Anonymous Words On Death Quotes Inspirational Darkness Lead To Light Immortality Unreal To Real Wise ., Words Of Comfort:15. Below are the attachments:
Comfort Words For Death Gallery #2 Inspirational Quotes After The Loss Of A Mother: Inspirational Quotes Images
Comfort Words For Death Pictures Gallery #4 Anonymous Words On Death Quotes Inspirational Darkness Lead To Light Immortality Unreal To Real Wise .
Words Of Comfort:15
Comfort Words For Death around the porch of the house could make your minimalist residence star so that the layout seems classy, of the terrace ought to be great and magnificent. This luxury looks more stunning to check from your exterior and may also provide of being to the front porch comfortable minimalism, the effect.
One of many components which make an appropriate residence noticed by the vision, appeared luxurious and ideal household is Comfort Words For Death. With all the selection and appropriate sleeping of ceramic floor, the locations were mundane can be changed into a bedroom that looks lavish and spacious.
By deciding on the best ground with regards to motifs and colors, every one of that can be noticed. Hues are shiny and natural color age, the most used option nowadays, because these shades can offer magnificent setting and an appropriate environment neat of beauty.
Comfort Words For Death Photos Gallery
Random Images on Comfort Words For Death